Live Conditions

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Updated Snow Map

Here's an updated snowmap for this week's storm.  I upped the snowfall for North Jersey because on Thursday night, all 3 models are showing a "wrap around" chunk of snow falling for that area.  I still feel that South Jersey will mostly be too warm for the bulk of the system, but I removed the rain/mix area because I'm sure they'll see some snow (plus, I felt bad haha). 

MORE IMPORTANTLY, strong winds and costal flooding are the bigger danger from this storm.  Both a High Wind WARNING and a Coastal Flood WARNING are in effect for the entire Jersey coast.  Winds of 20-30mph sustained with gusts up to 60mph are expected along with 6-8ft tides.  Winds and flooding are already impacting the coast and causing a bit of damage.  Voluntary evacuations are in effect for some coastal towns.

  Courtesy NBC 40

No comments:

Post a Comment